New York has become one of the most dangerous cities for construction workers. The incidence of construction accidents and killed workers in New York City is shockingly high and is getting worse every year.
Construction Site Injuries
* Construction workers make up roughly 5% of the New Yorks workforce, but account for 27% of jobsite injury fatalities.
* The number of fatal work injuries among construction workers increased between 2012-2017.
* In New York State, the fatal occupational injury rate in construction is 3.7 times the overall rate.
* In the decade between 2006 and 2016, 464 workers died in construction related accidents in New York State.
* An average of 20 construction workers died each year at work during 2007 to 2004 in NYC.
NY Construction Facts
• In the New York metro area, including northern New Jersey and Long Island, construction fatalities jumped 43% from 28 to 40 between 2010 and 2011.
• The number of jobsite accidents in New York City rose by 34% from 211 to 283 from fiscal year 2014 to 2015.
• Fatal work injuries totaled 222 in 2016 for New York-Newark-Jersey City, (The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics).
NYC ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
When a worker is injured on a construction site pursue an injury claim case. Our caring attorneys will go the extra mile to secure the maximum recovery possible under the law. If you are a construction worker injured on the jobsite call William Schwitzer & Associates and receive the compensation you deserve.